Treatment may have ended for Katie, but the battle is far from over.

Please say a prayer for all the children who continue to fight childhood cancer day after day.
Pray for their strength, resilience and healing.



TO MY DEDICATED BLOG READERS:

YUP, I AM BEHIND AGAIN....



Saturday, January 24, 2009

Why? Why? Why?

In the midst of dealing with Leukemia, I sometimes forget to note some of Kaitlyn's developmental milestones...with that, I thought I would post a note about her new favorite question....WHY?

Everything I say, she responds with the question, "Why?" At first, it was kind of funny, now it is just plain annoying. Annoying because I don't always have an answer. I guess this is the reason the phrase "Because I said so" became an old standby for many moms :-) Now, I get it!!!

From what I read, this is a normal child developmental milestone and I am happy that she is so full of so much wonder. I just wish I had the answers to all her questions...do they sell a manual for this type of thing or do moms just google the answers these days...lol.

Some other developmental milestones include:
  • Forming 4-5 word sentences
  • Can recognize her name when spelled out
  • Count to 10 (although she sometimes skips 5)
  • Knows basic shapes (circle, square, triangle, rectangle, diamond, heart)
  • Knows basic colors (Red, Pink, Orange, Yellow, Green, Blue, Purple, Brown, Black, White)
  • Very imaginative, likes to play with her Little People or dolls and to pretend dress up
  • Listens attentively to short stories and books
  • Able to "read" simple stories by looking at the pictures in books
  • Enjoys singing and can carry a simple tune
  • Enjoys helping with simple household tasks (feeding the dogs, putting away her own dishes and silverware, putting away her clean socks, picking up her own toys)
  • Enjoys making others laugh and being silly
  • Can put together a 25 piece puzzle
  • Can handle scissors to a degree
  • Drawing a circle
  • Developing independence and self reliance
  • Starting to give up her naps on some days

No comments: