Bootcamp went pretty good this morning ...I didn't kill anyone...no puking or fainting, so I think it went pretty well :-) I had a wide range of fitness levels and everyone said they got a great full body workout, so I am really pleased with that!! I have encouraged everyone in the bootcamp to come up with some goals for the 12 week period, so I will do the same.
Here are my goals for the "bootcamp season":
Overall goal - lose 21 pounds (it was easier to split over 3 months than 20 pounds ;-)
June goal - 7
July goal - 7
August goal - 7
My reason for losing weight and getting into shape: Kaitlyn deserves a healthy mom.
I know I "should" be doing this for myself and ultimately, I am. But, my real motivation is Katie. When I was pregnant with her, I felt so overweight & out of shape. I couldn't get off the couch, I couldn't walk without discomfort, I couldn't bend over to get the laundry out of the dryer...I couldn't LIVE! I swore that once she was born, I would do something to make a change. I had this image of myself in the future sitting on the sidelines of her soccer games, being the fat mom in the lawn chair instead of the cheering mom running up and down the sidelines. I decided that I wanted to be the cheering mom and an active participant in whatever she decided to do. That started my journey nearly 3 years ago.
Since then, as most of you know, she was diagnosed with Leukemia and that re-affirmed my need to get healthy, for both of us. Firstly, she still needed a healthy mom, now more than ever. Secondly, I don't need the mental clutter of "I shouldn't eat that" or "I should go exercise instead of sitting in front of the TV". I need to have enough mental clarity to focus on the important things - Kaitlyn and her treatment plan which includes a lot of at home medications that I need to manage.
So, that is why Kaitlyn is my reason for losing weight and getting into shape!!
Again, wish me luck, or better yet, JOIN US!!!!
GLC Holiday Party
14 years ago
1 comment:
I was sad to leave early, but I promise to get my ab workout in today! It was a great workout and I was surprised I was able to handle running/jogging the hill. It was a good reminder, that I can do more than I think I can, and accomplish more if I want to. Thanks for a great morning! Thanks for helping me to get back on track.
Post a Comment