Treatment may have ended for Katie, but the battle is far from over.

Please say a prayer for all the children who continue to fight childhood cancer day after day.
Pray for their strength, resilience and healing.



TO MY DEDICATED BLOG READERS:

YUP, I AM BEHIND AGAIN....



Friday, June 5, 2009

So, What's Next?

If you can remember back to my post on April 26, 2009, My Biggest Loser Competition Wrap-up, I posed the question..."Now that the competition is over, what next?" Well, here is how it is going...

It appears that I have been "on strike"...lol. My exercise plan, diet & motivation have all slipped into a black hole and I can't seem to find any of them. I have gained back 6 pounds since the end of my competition and I am having a hard time finding the motivation to get back into an exercise routine. But there is light on the horizon.

First, let me say that I have started physical therapy (PT) for my feet. I am not 100% convinced that it is helping, but at least I feel like I am doing something to actively correct the situation. That being said, it is really ticking me off that I am on a "low-impact" exercise restriction. Which, of course, I broke the first week of therapy when we climbed Mt. Monadnock. But, I learned my lesson because my feet were absolutely killing me and it set me back quite a bit. I plan to continue with the PT for at least the next few months...I haven't given up on Mt. Washington yet!!!

Secondly, I have decided to coordinate another bootcamp this summer. This starts bright and early tomorrow morning at 7:30am!!! I am excited to take what I have learned over the past few months in the Biggest Loser competition and share it with others. The benefit of course being that I will not only motivate others, but also myself. Last summer, when we did the bootcamp, I found great motivation working out in a group that all had similar goals. I am looking forward to the same camaraderie this summer. I just finished putting together the workout and it looks pretty good...I will follow up tomorrow after I try it out on my bootcampers and let you know if I killed anybody :-)

The bootcamp lasts for 12 weeks and my goal is to lose 20 pounds...wish me luck, or better yet, JOIN US!!!!

2 comments:

Caryn said...

YAY Bootcamp!! Can't wait for you to beat my a$$ into shape!

Ali said...

I'm looking forward to tomorrow.