Things started out OK, until 6:15pm...lol. When I realized that I needed 'parchment paper'. I had no idea what that even was, never mind have it in the house!!!! Mike checked it out online and then headed over to the store to pick some up. Thank goodness we live so close to Stop & Shop :-) I also had him pick up some other ingredients in case my cookies turned out horrible. By the time he got back, things weren't looking too good. I had already missed 2 ingredients and tried to mix them in later...which I KNOW is a "no-no", but I figured we could at least see how the first batch would come out...yikes! The second and third batch came out much better. I ended up back at the store at 10pm for more parchment paper and rolos...lol. I'm thinking I should have chosen something easier for my first cookie swap! I sure did have some great helpers...Katie helped me with the mixing and Mike helped with the rolling!
I don't know what I would have done without Mike's help. As tired as he was, he hung in there with me until 11pm when the last batch came out of the oven.
I made a cookie called "Million Dollar Caramel" and they were actually quite yummy!!! If you are interested, here is the recipe...

No comments:
Post a Comment