Treatment may have ended for Katie, but the battle is far from over.

Please say a prayer for all the children who continue to fight childhood cancer day after day.
Pray for their strength, resilience and healing.



TO MY DEDICATED BLOG READERS:

YUP, I AM BEHIND AGAIN....



Saturday, December 12, 2009

We are Santa's Elves...

Today, Mike & I took our annual shopping trip in hopes of finishing up our Christmas shopping for Katie. It has become our tradition for my mom to come over and watch Katie for the day while Mike & I take the time to get our shopping done. It is nice that we do it together, it almost feels like a date :-)

We left the house at 11am. We started out at Toys R Us where we can usually get it all done in one trip, but today, we didn't really find a lot of the toys we were looking for.


Time to pay...I wasn't holding up the line to take this picture, we were waiting for them to check on a bike that we wanted to get for Katie...lol.

After spending a good 2 & 1/2 hours there, we still wanted to find a couple of things for Katie so we headed to Mall Mountain (the Blackstone Shoppes in Millbury). We had a nice lunch at Applebees. It was great to sit down and talk with Mike without being interrupted a million times. After lunch, we headed over to Target for the last of our shopping.

Exhausted from a long day, we finally finished up our shopping extravaganza at 5:30 pm and headed home to relieve my mom.

There are still a few things to get, but for the most part, she is done!!! I can't wait to see her face Christmas morning!!!

No comments: