Treatment may have ended for Katie, but the battle is far from over.

Please say a prayer for all the children who continue to fight childhood cancer day after day.
Pray for their strength, resilience and healing.



TO MY DEDICATED BLOG READERS:

YUP, I AM BEHIND AGAIN....



Thursday, December 17, 2009

Yes, We Believe....

Tonight, Mike & I brought Katie to the Auburn mall to deliver our Santa letters. One week before Christmas...YIKES! I hope that is an express box!!!



After dropping off the letters, we took a walk to see Santa. She was more interested in the train than in Santa Claus, so she went for a ride on the overpriced Holiday Train. Ah, what the heck, she had fun!


Next year, Katie will be going on her Wish Trip to Disney World...dates to be determined. But, I can't help but think that in some small way, we are helping to grant wishes for other children that are dealing with other life threatening illnesses. These kids deserve more than a wish trip...they go through SO MUCH just to survive. These kids are amazing and the Make a Wish foundation is such a wonderful organization. They realize the need to grant these wishes and in our case, a trip to Disney after her treatments are over will be "just what the doctor ordered" so to speak. It will give our family a chance to relax, have fun and reconnect. We are very anxious to go, that's for sure!

If you haven't delivered your letters yet, it's not too late...Macy's will be collecting letters for the North Pole until December 24th!!! Please help the Make a Wish Foundation!!!

1 comment:

Michele said...

we went today, WHY DID I WAIT SO LONG?! UGh it was horrible getting into the mall! lol And on top of that guess what?! I forgot my camera! Double UGH! lol Oh well at least it is the memory. Oh and DS LOVES to ride the elevator but since we rarely go to the mall he doesn't really "remember" how to do it. So he did the one foot on splits like Buddy the Elf does in Elf. Toooooooo funny! I was laughing so hard!!! lol