Treatment may have ended for Katie, but the battle is far from over.

Please say a prayer for all the children who continue to fight childhood cancer day after day.
Pray for their strength, resilience and healing.



TO MY DEDICATED BLOG READERS:

YUP, I AM BEHIND AGAIN....



Sunday, December 6, 2009

Why Me Holiday Party

After meeting the Grinch, we rushed out to Marlboro for the Why Me Holiday Party. This party was awesome! There was never a dull moment and the kids were happy!

There were 2 photographers there. One in the lobby taking family portraits and another in the ballroom catching all the action. It was really nice to get a good picture of the 3 of us!!!

Katie had a blast running around with her friends.

And there were about 10 different craft stations...

Plenty of dancing. This is Katie doing the YMCA...
she takes this very seriously...lol.

We can't forget about the Limbo! Mike was asked to hold a side and got stuck there for quite a while. I think the DJ left the limbo song on repeat while she had lunch...lol.

Katie is getting quite good at the Limbo.

There was also a bit of hula hooping. Katie was not so good at this, but she sure did have fun practicing.

Then it was almost time for Santa and the elves led a kazoo parade...so cute. Katie blew into the kazoo and got mad because it didn't work. I kept trying to tell her that you had to hum into it, but she didn't get it. I was surprised to see that there were some adults that had the same problem.

Then it was time for Santa. He came with a gift for every child in the room which the elves distributed. Katie got a Snow White doll.

I love this family portrait with Santa & Mrs. Claus.

I stood in line with Katie waiting to talk to Santa and I listened to her ramble on about all the toys that were at the top of her list this year. I assured her that she didn't need to tell him everything because we still had to send him a letter. I thought we were going to be there all day long while she told him everything she wanted but she was very shy when she finally got onto Santa's lap. She didn't really say a thing. But at least we got some great pictures of her with him...no tears this year!!!

I absolutely LOVE this picture of her and Santa!!!

HAPPY HOLIDAYS EVERYONE!!!!

1 comment:

Kristin said...

That looks like a great Santa! I still haven't taken the kids to see Santa...