Treatment may have ended for Katie, but the battle is far from over.

Please say a prayer for all the children who continue to fight childhood cancer day after day.
Pray for their strength, resilience and healing.



TO MY DEDICATED BLOG READERS:

YUP, I AM BEHIND AGAIN....



Saturday, December 19, 2009

Huh?

Every day, Katie looks forward to having her "Christmas chocolate". Each day, the chocolate has a different "Christmas/Holiday" themed picture on it. Yesterday, the picture was a mushroom...A MUSHROOM??? Can someone please tell me what a mushroom has to do with Christmas???? REALLY...anyone?


4 comments:

Kristin said...

I think that is a German traditional symbol (though I don't know why). I have a cute German mushroom ornament that hangs on my tree every year --- perhaps there are lots of mushrooms in the elf forest for them to live under? Perhaps Rudolf eats magic mushrooms that make him fly? ;)

Ali said...

Check it out:
http://animamrecro.wordpress.com/2006/12/30/hallucinogenic-mushrooms-and-santa-claus/

Kris said...

I hadn't heard of mushrooms as Christmas symbols before, but the traditional french Christmas dessert, bouche de Noel (Christmas log), often has meringue mushrooms on it.

Michele said...

lol....I don't know, but they have really good chocolate covered mushroom cookies at Aldi's!