Treatment may have ended for Katie, but the battle is far from over.

Please say a prayer for all the children who continue to fight childhood cancer day after day.
Pray for their strength, resilience and healing.



TO MY DEDICATED BLOG READERS:

YUP, I AM BEHIND AGAIN....



Sunday, December 20, 2009

Hey Guys Wake Up!

This morning, we were woken up by Katie saying, "Hey guys, wake up...IT SNOWED!!!!" She was so excited to go out and play, but when I asked her at noon, she said, "No, we have to wait until it stops snowing...I don't want to get snow in my hair!"

It stopped snowing about an hour later and by then I was in the "wrapping zone" and wanted to keep going while I was in the mood. By the time we got outside, the sun was going down. But, that didn't matter, Katie still had fun. At first, she was rather tentative about the snow, but finally laid down in it to make a snow angel.


Everything was going along fine...she was flapping her legs and arms, giggling...
Until...she threw a snowball in her own face...LOL. This kind of shocked her and she started crying. But, being the great mom that I am, I couldn't help but laugh hysterically at the situation. Which, I think, actually helped to diffuse the situation a little bit. I apologized for laughing, and told her, "Your not supposed to throw snowballs in your own face!!". She giggled and said, "Yeah, that is kinda funny". LOL
After snow angels, it was time to attempt a little sledding. Our yard is not great for sledding because the best hill in the yard leads straight into the lake and although there were some ice fisherman out there the past few days, I was still not ready to bet my daughters life on it being safe. So, we made due with a very small hill in the side yard. She still had fun.


We didn't stay out for too long...tomorrow is another day.

No comments: