Treatment may have ended for Katie, but the battle is far from over.

Please say a prayer for all the children who continue to fight childhood cancer day after day.
Pray for their strength, resilience and healing.



TO MY DEDICATED BLOG READERS:

YUP, I AM BEHIND AGAIN....



Friday, October 1, 2010

Addition Day 8 - Foundation Collapse

The weather today has been horrible, with torrential downpours and high winds. So, we expected more dirt to cave in, but when we came home from clinic, we were surprised to find that part of our existing foundation collapsed.

The concrete on the ground was part of our foundation. When it came down, it knocked the forms off of the footer. I must admit that this part of the renovation process is really starting to scare me. I don't want to see my house start to crumble while we are waiting for a foundation to be built.

Mike called the builder and he came over immediately. He calmed us down and assured us that the house was secure and that this is going to work out better because we will now get a full basement out of the deal. His plan is to dig all of this out and build a cinder block wall right up under the house where this cement came down. This plan sounds good to me, I just wish he would hurry up and do it already before I have a heart attack.

No comments: