Treatment may have ended for Katie, but the battle is far from over.

Please say a prayer for all the children who continue to fight childhood cancer day after day.
Pray for their strength, resilience and healing.



TO MY DEDICATED BLOG READERS:

YUP, I AM BEHIND AGAIN....



Friday, February 11, 2011

Off-Treatment Clinic Visit #4

Kaitlyn had her 4th off-treatment clinic visit today instead of yesterday.  I rescheduled her appointment so that she could go to her Valentines Party yesterday at school. There is no reason for her to be missing school to go to these clinic visits, so from now on, we will try to schedule her visits on days when she is not in school.

Anyway, today was another quick visit. I suppose that we can expect each visit to take about an hour now which is both GREAT and kind of sad. We have enjoyed getting to know the staff and now we don't get as much time to "catch up" with them and see how they are doing....we miss them. I guess this is just part of the "new normal".

Kaitlyn saw Dr. Usmani today because Dr. Keuker is not in the clinic on Fridays. Everything checked out fine. The blood draw was the last thing to do and as always, that was a fight. Now, we wait. We will only hear from them if something funky comes back in her blood work...no news is good news. Each time she has her blood drawn is another time that I hold my breath and hope to GOD that nothing is wrong with her blood. So far, so good. But, the fear is ALWAYS there.

Kaitlyn spent her "waiting time" playing Candyland with "Fun Kris" and writing out Valentines to her favorite nurses and boyfriends...yes, I said "boyfriends". She made one out to "#1 boyfriend" and another one out to "Dr. Keuker"...hmmm...Dr. Keuker has fallen down to #2 as Dr. Grossman has taken the #1 spot...lol. I am sure Dr. Grossman will be rubbing this in when they get their Valentines :-)

Her next appointment is scheduled for Monday, March 14, 2011.

No comments: