Treatment may have ended for Katie, but the battle is far from over.

Please say a prayer for all the children who continue to fight childhood cancer day after day.
Pray for their strength, resilience and healing.



TO MY DEDICATED BLOG READERS:

YUP, I AM BEHIND AGAIN....



Thursday, February 24, 2011

A SPECIAL Birthday Visitor!!!

This morning, Katie woke up to a very special birthday surprise from a friend :-)


She received a note that read...
In honor of your birthday, you will be happy to know…
I have traveled many miles to share in your special celebration.
I wouldn’t miss it you know, but first you have to find me…
Are you ready for my game? How about Hide & Seek?

I am hiding nearby!! All you have to do is put together the clues!!!

Your first clue is this…
Take one step back and look around for a RED piece of paper!!!


The second clue read...
Great job! You found your first clue!
You can find your next clue in the place where you would look for a yummy junk snack!


The third clue read...
YIPPEE!!! You got it!!! I am so proud of you Kaitlyn!!!
The next one, you must hurry to find before your mommy washes it away with your dirty clothes!


The fourth clue read...
WOW!! You are one smart cookie!!!
Now you must look under the bed that isn’t really a bed!


The fifth clue read...
GREAT JOB!!! You are getting closer to finding ME!!!
Just look in the spot where you get all squeaky-clean!


The sixth clue read...
Quack, Quack - I am not a duck!!! He he he!!!
Go look where you have your clothes!


The seventh clue read...
Nope, I am not here!!! But, you are getting A LOT closer!!!
Do the dogs need food??? Maybe you should go check it out!



The eighth clue read...
You found your next clue, but you still haven’t found me!!!
In the mood for a Wii game? Maybe I am!!!


The ninth clue read...
You just missed ME!!! He he he
Maybe I decided to get a drink!!!


The tenth clue read...
Boy was I thirsty!!! I had a quick drink of water and then I ran away!!!
It was very cold in the refrigerator!!! I am going to snuggle up in your jacket!!!


The eleventh (and final) clue read...
WHOA AM I HOT!!!! And a little tired.
I am going to take a nap!!!




JULIA THE ELF WAS KATIE'S SURPRISE BIRTHDAY VISITOR!!!!

She came with a note that read...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY KATIE!!!!

I am SO happy to see you. I have been VERY busy at the North Pole so I haven’t had much time to write, but I want you to know that I am always thinking about you and hoping that you are having fun! I have come to visit for only a few days to celebrate your birthday with you. But, Santa & Mrs. Claus need me back after your party. You can’t believe how much work there is to do up there!!! But, I am so glad that we can spend the next few days together having FUN!!!
Katie, I love you!!!
~Julia
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have a feeling today is going to be a great birthday for Katie!!!


No comments: