Treatment may have ended for Katie, but the battle is far from over.

Please say a prayer for all the children who continue to fight childhood cancer day after day.
Pray for their strength, resilience and healing.



TO MY DEDICATED BLOG READERS:

YUP, I AM BEHIND AGAIN....



Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Charlotte's Web - SPOILER ALERT!

Tonight, I finished reading Charlotte's Web to Kaitlyn. This was a 182 page abridged version with some illustrations. This was the first "chapter book" we have read and Katie really got into the story. She even cried when Charlotte died as I did when I read the book for the very first time 25 years ago. (Sorry to ruin the ending for anyone that has never read the story or seen the movie). This was the book that changed my view on reading. After I read a book that moved me to tears, that was it, I was hooked on reading and I have been reading ever since. Katie has always loved books and reading, so I hope stories like this only increase her love for books!

No comments: