Treatment may have ended for Katie, but the battle is far from over.

Please say a prayer for all the children who continue to fight childhood cancer day after day.
Pray for their strength, resilience and healing.



TO MY DEDICATED BLOG READERS:

YUP, I AM BEHIND AGAIN....



Thursday, October 20, 2011

Off-treatment clinic visit # 12 - Postponed

Today was a very dark & rainy day, so I was glad to receive a call from our favorite nurse, Helen, letting us know that we don't have to go into clinic until next week because this week would only be 3 weeks from our last visit and it would be too soon.

GREAT! NO CLINIC!

Her next appointment is scheduled for Wednesday, October 26, 2011.

On a side note: Katie told her kindergarten teacher that she was going to clinic today for a blood draw and she let Katie take home "Echo" and "Baby Echo", the class owl puppets. Katie was SO THRILLED to have this special privilege and I was touched that Mrs. Daly thought of something nice to do for Katie. It was very thoughtful & sweet. Mrs. Daly also called to check how Katie's appointment went, but we were not home and she left a very nice message. AND we received an email the next morning. So, I believe she is very concerned for Katie, which I think is great. Katie deserves to have the most loving people in her life and I believe her Kindergarten teacher will be added to a long list of people's hearts that Katie has touched.

No comments: