Treatment may have ended for Katie, but the battle is far from over.

Please say a prayer for all the children who continue to fight childhood cancer day after day.
Pray for their strength, resilience and healing.



TO MY DEDICATED BLOG READERS:

YUP, I AM BEHIND AGAIN....



Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Back in the saddle

Or should I say underwear....

Katie woke up this morning and was determined to wear her underwear. After yesterday's experience, I was nervous, but she was adamant about it. So, we went with it. I set the timer on the stove for 30 minutes, basically to remind me to ask her if she had to go to the potty. A couple times (if she hadn't gone in a while) I made her take a break from playing and sit on the potty long enough for a story. This was a success!!!! She pee'd in the potty THREE times today!!!! YiPpEe!!!! Twice, she actually realized that she had to go and ran to the potty herself...YEAH!!!! There were no full-blown accidents, but there was one time when she started to go in her undies and realized it, stopped herself and finished on the potty - WOO HOO!! Then it was naptime, where I had to force her into her diaper. After her nap, she stayed in her diaper for the rest of the day because she was too cranky to deal with it. All in all, I would say she had a pretty successful potty day!!!

Chemo & potty training...quite the extremes, but my amazing little girl is handling it all...truly, truly amazing!!

I AM SO PROUD OF HER!!!!

1 comment:

Kristin said...

Wow! That's awesome! Go Katie!