Treatment may have ended for Katie, but the battle is far from over.

Please say a prayer for all the children who continue to fight childhood cancer day after day.
Pray for their strength, resilience and healing.



TO MY DEDICATED BLOG READERS:

YUP, I AM BEHIND AGAIN....



Monday, December 1, 2008

Potty Training Disaster

OK, I thought I was being smart - I bought Kaitlyn some Princess underwear on Saturday and got them washed up by Sunday because today was "Potty Training Day". Kaitlyn was all excited to wear her new underwear and I kept telling her that she had to pee in her potty because she wasn't wearing a diaper. She wasn't in her underwear for 1/2 an hour and she had an accident. I figured she would have one accident and then "get it". She would understand that she couldn't pee in her underwear that they weren't like diapers, they wouldn't keep her dry. Well an hour later, she did the same thing. Then we had to head out to the mall, so on went the diaper. We came back from the mall and she had a nap. After her nap, she said she wanted to wear her underwear, so we tried again...to the same end...lol. After the third strike, I gave up and she stayed in her diaper for the rest of the night...ah...tomorrow is another day :-)

1 comment:

Kristin said...

Sounds about right. I think we did the same thing several times before Daniela figured out that the underwear wouldn't catch the pee.

If you aren't already, you might also try constantly reminding her "do you have to go potty?" and sitting her on the potty every half hour, so she doesn't have the time to have an accident. I found that the longer Daniela stayed dry, the more she wanted to wear her underwear and try keep it dry. (Prizes helped too)

Good luck!