Treatment may have ended for Katie, but the battle is far from over.

Please say a prayer for all the children who continue to fight childhood cancer day after day.
Pray for their strength, resilience and healing.



TO MY DEDICATED BLOG READERS:

YUP, I AM BEHIND AGAIN....



Thursday, April 23, 2009

Boston Childrens Musuem

Yesterday, Katie & I went to the Boston Children's Museum with our friends Rachel & Alison. This was the first time I have ever driven into Boston on my own and I am thankful that I had Rachel to help navigate. I don't think I could have followed the directions and watched the roads all by myself. Getting there was definitely a combined effort, but we got there and home with no major problems.

I have never been to the Boston Children's Museum, so I didn't know what to expect. I was very pleasantly surprised to find that this place was three floors of pure playing pleasure for the kiddies. However, because it was school vacation week, it was also packed!!! I was petrified to take my eyes off of Kaitlyn for even a second as it wouldn't have taken much for her to wonder off into the crowd.






We were there for about 4 hours and we didn't see everything that the museum had to offer. But, by 2pm, the girls (and the moms too) were starting to get tired, so we figured we shouldn't press our luck. Katie & Ali were sound asleep in the backseat by the time we found our way back to the MA Pike. It was a nice quiet ride home, other than the chatter of two moms who haven't seen each other in a while :-)

Kaitlyn's favorite thing at the Boston Children's Museum: Being on TV

Amy's favorite thing at the Boston Children's Museum: Same as always, seeing Kaitlyn laughing and playing...being a normal kid!!!

Two thumbs up for the Boston Children's Museum!!! I thought it was well worth the money and the trip to Boston. I will definitely take Katie back again soon (probably NOT during a vacation week though :-)

No comments: