Treatment may have ended for Katie, but the battle is far from over.

Please say a prayer for all the children who continue to fight childhood cancer day after day.
Pray for their strength, resilience and healing.



TO MY DEDICATED BLOG READERS:

YUP, I AM BEHIND AGAIN....



Saturday, April 25, 2009

Hiking Mt. Wachusett

This morning, after my normal 7:30am Muscle Conditioning class at the gym, we made our way up to Princeton to hike Mt. Wachusett. We met some friends at 10am and it was absolutely gorgeous. We really couldn't have asked for a better day.

This hiking season, I wanted to start the year where I left off last fall, with a hike up Mt. Wachusett. With an elevation of 2006 feet to the summit, I felt great!!! Although, I think by the time you drive up to the trail head at the visitor center, there is probably only like 500 feet left to actually climb :-)

Traveling the Bicentennial Trail to Loop Trail to Mountain House Trail, it took us about 45 minutes to hike to the top. It only took about 30 minutes to come down on the Pine Hill Trail, which was pretty steep and also a great leg workout!!!




Next month, we are going to climb Mt. Monadnock.

No comments: