I HEART BLOGGING!!!
Most of you know that I am an avid scrapbooker/family historian. The problem I have with this is that there is never enough time to get "caught up" on all the pictures and stories. I fell behind quite quickly after Katie was born. I am constantly taking pictures and only sit down to scrapbook about once a month. In that time, I am lucky if I get 10 pages done. I got a digital camera around Katie's first birthday and I haven't printed pictures since then...that was in 2007. I haven't printed pictures because I am still scrapbooking 2006. I had so many pictures from 2006 that I had nowhere to store pictures from 2007 and beyond...yeah, it's nuts! This causes me a lot of stress because I hate the thought that these stories are being lost or forgotten.
Then, I found blogging....
For about a year now, I have been blogging about everything. I love that blogging helps me to preserve the stories of our lives. But, it has also added something that my scrapbooking was missing...snippets from daily life. Most of my scrapbooking has focused on the "important" events...birthdays, holidays, vacations, weddings, births...etc. But, I never used to take pictures of the normal, everyday things that actually make up my life. Blogging has given me that added dimension and I love it!
Mostly, I feel at ease that if something happens to me tomorrow, at least the stories are told, even if the pictures never do make it into a scrapbook.
3 comments:
Exactly! I am so much better at recording things on a blog than I ever was at writing things in a journal. Sometimes I have to remind myself that it doesn't really matter if anyone else will want to read my blog topic, because the whole point is recording the memory.
Love to blog! Brett is the only child of the 3 that has a baby book, the others do not. I have TONS of scrapbooking stuff lying around with the intention of some day getting to. Blogging is a great way to chart daily or weekly events. I like that I can post pictures and videos and other important info.
I use to put certain outfits on the kids, take a picture and say - I will always remember that they were 6 months old in this outfit, then I would get the picture out a year later and have no idea how old they were.
Most importantly, 2 years ago when my laptop crashed, I lost 5 years worth of pictures because I never made a back up disc. So I now try to back up my files every couple months so that doesn't happen again.
I'm not sure what you use for blogging, but Scribefire takes away all the headaches for me. It's built into your browser and since its always there, every little thought or site I come across I capture in a blog post now so its become my personal dictionary. Aaaannnddd... you can change the date on a post...so you don't have to fret about putting a post up on the day it happens to get the right timestamp...viola!
Post a Comment