Treatment may have ended for Katie, but the battle is far from over.

Please say a prayer for all the children who continue to fight childhood cancer day after day.
Pray for their strength, resilience and healing.



TO MY DEDICATED BLOG READERS:

YUP, I AM BEHIND AGAIN....



Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Mommy & Daddy's Bed


The first 5 days of every chemo cycle includes twice daily doses of steroids. Although she is only on them for 5 days, they still cause major mood swings (by day 2 & 3) and peculiar behavior like wanting to sleep in Mommy & Daddy's bed for nap time. It is normal around here for Katie to wake up in the middle of the night and come into bed with us. This is a habit that we had her broken of before diagnosis, but something that she started wanting again after her treatments started. It was one comfort that we could offer her in the midst of so much discomfort. I guess it continues to offer her comfort because most nights, she joins us about half way through. But, oddly enough, when she is taking the steroids, she also wants to sleep in our bed for nap time, which isn't "normal" around here on most days. I don't argue with her. If it gives her some sense of comfort, then so be it. Truth be told, it offers Mommy & Daddy a sense of comfort too to have her in our bed at night where we can hold her tight and make sure she is alright.

Oh and as a side note, there are also 2 dogs (shih tzus) in the bed with us too...lol. Mommy & Daddy's bed is the place to be!!!

2 comments:

Ali said...

I hope you have a king size bed. LOL

Cristin said...

My thoughts exactly Ali! I remember finding comfort in my parents bed when I was young and my kids still sneak in when I'm not looking or while I'm sleeping. I wake up and they're there at my back!
Parents always have the better blankets and sheets!