Treatment may have ended for Katie, but the battle is far from over.

Please say a prayer for all the children who continue to fight childhood cancer day after day.
Pray for their strength, resilience and healing.



TO MY DEDICATED BLOG READERS:

YUP, I AM BEHIND AGAIN....



Sunday, August 2, 2009

A Fun Week in Review!!!

Whew!!! We were quite busy this week, but we also had A LOT of FUN!!! I finally feel like the summer is here, but almost over all at the same time. Now, I feel that we are trying to cram as much fun into the last remaining weeks as we possibly can.

Wednesday, Katie & I met some of our MOMS Club friends over at Dean Park. Katie was thrilled when one of her girlfriends asked her to join her "best friends club"...lol. These girls crack me up.

Wednesday night, we got to catch a show by the "famous" Beatles tribute band, Beatles For Sale. These guys get better and better every time I see them perform, but of course I am biased :-) If you get a chance, check them out this summer...upcoming tour dates can be found on their website at http://www.beatlesforsale.net/.

Friday morning, Katie went to her dance class and had to wear her "twirly dress". As soon as she got to class, she went right up to the teacher and asked her, "Do you want to see what my dress can do?" Simply precious...lol...

Friday afternoon, Katie had a play date with one of her friends, Ali. The original plan was to play on the slip & slide, but it rained/poured buckets for most of the day. The rain did stop long enough for them to go outside and play on the wet swing set...they're kids, they don't care how wet they get...lol...

Saturday, I had some of my good friends over to Christen the sunroom with a crop, although we were missing one of our gang members, Shelly :-)

Amy, Eileen & Mary working hard on their memories...

Today, we are headed to a cookout! I love summer, I just don't like that it is so short!!!

No comments: