Treatment may have ended for Katie, but the battle is far from over.

Please say a prayer for all the children who continue to fight childhood cancer day after day.
Pray for their strength, resilience and healing.



TO MY DEDICATED BLOG READERS:

YUP, I AM BEHIND AGAIN....



Sunday, August 9, 2009

Hair update

Just a quick hair update...

Katie's hair is coming in completely different than what it was "before". She used to have thin, curly, red hair...

and now it is thick, straight and blond...

I am NOT complaining...Although I will really miss the red curls, I think it looks beautiful just the way it is!!! She now has about an inch of hair on her head and she looks so darn cute!!!


I know this is pathetic, but she brought out her hair elastics and asked me to put one in her hair, I couldn't resit trying...

And, in case you have forgotten, this photo was taken in May, just 3 months ago...

3 comments:

Ali said...

I had a friend in HS that had a brain tumor. She had thick black curly hair. After treatment, and (being cured!) her hair grew in different too. It was wavy instead of curly and much thinner. Must be the chemo? I haven't seen her in over 10 years, so I don't know what her hair is like now. But they say the texture of your hair changes every 7 years. So perhaps Katie's curls will return soon.

Michele said...

My mom lost all her hair to chemo when I was a teenager. It came back totally differently too. It came back straight and very fine where before it had a wavy and was fairly coarse.

Bennett always suggests she go to his barber (Sports Clip) and get a design cut in the back!

Cristin said...

One of Scarlett's friends was born with straight jet black hair and when she was about 1 1/2 it changed over to blond and curly.

I love the little pony tail! We only wear our hear down here, Scarlett won't even let me put a barrette in.