Treatment may have ended for Katie, but the battle is far from over.

Please say a prayer for all the children who continue to fight childhood cancer day after day.
Pray for their strength, resilience and healing.



TO MY DEDICATED BLOG READERS:

YUP, I AM BEHIND AGAIN....



Monday, August 17, 2009

Six Flags

Sunday...

Kaitlyn, Mike & I went to Six Flags. It was quite the expensive day, but we really did have a great time. The joy that I saw in Kaitlyn's face was well worth every penny.

We started out in Thomas Town. I was impressed with this attraction...they really did a great job at recreating Knapford Station and Thomas the Tank Engine, complete with passenger cars, Annie & Clarabel.

Next up was Wiggles World. We went on a ride or two and then it was showtime!!! Although they didn't have the real Wiggles, the show was pretty good, complete with Captain Feathersword, Henry the Octopus, Dorothy the Dinosaur and Wags the Dog. They had a singer named "Ty" with them who sang the Wiggles songs. Katie absolutely LOVED it! She didn't sit down for the whole show.

At the end of the show, all the actors came off the stage to meet the kids and she couldn't have been happier. When she saw them coming off the stage, she got SO excited that she was going to be able to meet them. She has NEVER posed with a "character" before, not even the Easter Bunny and even Santa is "iffy". She really couldn't have been happier. In turn, I couldn't have been happier.

Captain Feathersword, Katie & Henry the Octopus

Dorothy the Dinosaur, Katie and Wags the Dog

The reason for our trip to Six Flags....Beatles For Sale was performing!!! These guys really get around!

Beatles For Sale rockin' the house!!!


After the show, Katie wanted to go back to Wiggles World for another show and some more rides. She had just as much fun at the second show as she did at the first. Except this time, after the show, she gave Dorothy the BIGGEST hug. Here she is giving Dorothy a 5 minute long hug...I didn't think she was ever going to let go. SO CUTE!!!


And a ride on the Big Red Plane with Auntie Kay....

It was extremely HOT and expensive, but somehow, it was still a perfect family day!!! I love those days :-)

No comments: