Recently, I have pulled out a few grey hair's...I know, I know...pull one out and 2 grow in it's place. But, I asked a hairdresser and she says that it's just an old wives tale. The only problem is that now they seem to be showing up fast & furious. I am TOTALLY not ready to enter the "greying" phase of life. I will be turning 35 in a few weeks and I think that is just WAY TOO YOUNG to be turning grey. I suppose I could start dyeing my hair, but my mother-in-law claims that it causes brain tumors. Probably not worth the risk...lol. UGH, I am just not ready for this!!!
I have been thinking a lot lately about TIME. It just goes too damn fast. As I turn 35, I can't help but think that 1/2 of my life is over when I feel like it has just begun. I feel like there are SO MANY more things that I want to see and do in this lifetime. Will I have the time? And if I have the time, will I have the money? I worry about the day when both of my parents are gone. I don't know a world without them and it scares me breathless. And of course, I worry about my own death. Not just because I know I will NEVER be caught up with my scrapbooks in time, but I worry that I may have regrets. Things I never said or never had time to do.
As I approach 35, there are A LOT of thoughts & feelings coming up and I don't need grey hair staring back at me in the mirror reminding me that TIME is-a-tickin'.
GLC Holiday Party
14 years ago
1 comment:
I know how you feel about the grey hair, I have been graying since I was a teenager. I have distinct "grey" patches now. I can't bring myself to color it all the time either. It is a commitment that I'm just not ready for. But soon I think. I try to remind myself that age is just a number, and really and truly it is how you feel, not the date on your license. Yes, there are many things that I would like to do, and time and money are the obstacles right now. But being a mom and spending as much time with my boys is time I will never regret spending. I may not see Italy anytime soon, but I have seen so much more through the eyes of my children.
Post a Comment