This morning, Katie and I went to check out God's Little Children Preschool in Shrewsbury. This was one of the preschools on my list and the first one we were going to check out. I had 2 others in mind.
We were not there for more than a minute and Katie already had her jacket off and got engaged in a painting project during the morning "free time". The director, Beth, gave me a tour of the facility while Katie stayed behind in the classroom. Which, by the way, was her choice. This kid is SO ready for school. She is really looking forward to the interaction with the other kids and I am looking forward to seeing her bloom!
On the tour, I was impressed by the 2 classrooms, 2 large gymnastics rooms and indoor playground area. They also have an outdoor playground, 3 swimming pools and a large fenced in field. Included in the tuition is a gymnastics lesson once per week and a music lesson every other week.
When I returned for Katie after the tour, she was participating in "circle time" with the other kids, singing the alphabet and learning a little bit of sign language with each letter. I was blown away by how comfortable we both felt there and pretty much decided on the spot that I wanted to send Katie there next fall. I talked to Mike on the way home and he agreed that she would be getting quite a lot for the money we would be paying. I decided that there was no need to look at the other 2 preschools on my list, we have found her school. I hope that they have an opening for her in the fall.
This is such a HUGE relief for me...now, we just have to come up with the money to register her...EEK!!!
GLC Holiday Party
14 years ago
1 comment:
Yay! I am so excited that you & Katie liked it - I know we sure do :)
Post a Comment