Treatment may have ended for Katie, but the battle is far from over.

Please say a prayer for all the children who continue to fight childhood cancer day after day.
Pray for their strength, resilience and healing.



TO MY DEDICATED BLOG READERS:

YUP, I AM BEHIND AGAIN....



Sunday, February 21, 2010

Things are Pretty Fancy Around Here!

Today, we had a VERY FANCY birthday party for a very special 4 year old!!!

This is Fancy Nancy...
and she is the inspiration for Katie's birthday party theme.If you haven't read the Fancy Nancy books by Jane O'Conner, and you have a little girl, I highly recommend them...they are just adorable. They make me want to be a bit more fancy myself!

The first thing Katie did this morning was get bunny dressed for the party. Here she is in her tu tu!
And of course, the birthday girl, looking JUST DIVINE!!
SO CUTE!!!

We even went a little overboard and dressed the dogs for the party :-)

FANCY BABI...
FANCY SCRAPPY...

Kaitlyn was SO EXCITED for "her guests" to arrive. We had "Katie's Posh Parlor" set up where all her guests could take tiaras, boas, rings, wands, king crown's and even Groucho Marx glasses.

I love this picture of Katie showing Sophie the tiaras.
It is so precious, the two of them holding hands and all.
I think the grown up's had just as much fun being "fancy" as the kids did.

FANCY MEME....
Grammie with her "too too"...LOL
And Pop, in full Beatles spirit, looking like a 60's flashback ;-)
King Charlie...
Queen Rachel & Princess Alison...
The King & Queen of the house.
Yes, those are birds on my head. And a tu tu TOO! :-)
My good friends, Shelly, Eileen & Mary.
Shelly's daughter, Maggie. Eileen's nephew, Matt and niece, Alli. Mary's daughter, Rachel


A party is not complete without a little stick the kiss on the frog (formerly known as pin the tail on the donkey). The little kids did really great at this game. Katie later informed me that they could all see out of the bottom of the blindfold. I thought something was fishy because the big girls didn't do as well. Must have been because I made them use a boa as a blindfold...lol.


I think Katie had just as much fun spinning her friends as she did kissing the frog herself.
I see you cheating Sophie!!!
Time for cake.
I hope all your wishes come true my beautiful 4 year old!!!!
YUMMY!
And presents...Katie got a lot of wonderful gifts. But, there was one gift that totally blew my mind. Our dear friend, Courtney, gave us a box of paper rings. It was a paper chain, like the kind you would make at Christmas time for your tree. These rings represent the countdown to the end of Katie's treatment. It took me a minute to realize what they were, but as soon as the realization struck, I was in tears. I was such a blubbering mess that I didn't even get a good picture of them...lol. I honestly can't believe that she sat and made them for us. It must have taken her quite a while. I truly, TRULY appreciate the effort that she put into this gift for Katie. Who knew that paper rings could mean so much. Thanks Courtney.

I think it was another successful party here at the Randell house and I know Katie was thrilled to spend the day with family & friends.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY KATIE!!!!!

3 comments:

Kat said...

Happy 4th Birthday Katie!!!

Such a cute idea for a party.

Michele said...

Happy Birthday to Katie!! She looks amazing in her outfit! Looks like everyone had a wonderful time! So much fun! :-)

Ali said...

Happy Birthday! and Many Many more to come!