Treatment may have ended for Katie, but the battle is far from over.

Please say a prayer for all the children who continue to fight childhood cancer day after day.
Pray for their strength, resilience and healing.



TO MY DEDICATED BLOG READERS:

YUP, I AM BEHIND AGAIN....



Monday, February 22, 2010

My little fishy!!!

This afternoon, Katie started swimming lessons at the YMCA. I figure it was time to gradually start rejoining the outside world. The both of us are so sick of being stuck in the house and I figured swim class would not really have a ton of kid germs to worry about. I was right...Katie is the ONLY kid in the class...lol.

She has ALWAYS loved to swim. My hope for this class is that she will learn techniques such as going underwater and swimming without a flotation device. She is off to a great start already.

Here she is waiting patiently for her teacher to arrive...


Once the teacher arrived, she was unstoppable.

I was most impressed when she swam the full length of the pool (all the way into the 9 foot deep end) in her first lesson!!!!

Her instructor even helped her jump off of the diving platform into the pool, which she was reluctant to do at first, but was rather proud of herself after she did it!

It was so nice to see her being active and enjoying herself in the pool. She is always up for any new adventure and I so enjoy watching her learn new things and enjoy new experiences. I was kind of disappointed that there weren't any other kids in the class because I think she would be braver if some of the other kids were there to inspire her. I did contemplate switching her into a class with more kids, but I think I will leave her in this one for now. In the next session, I will get her in a class with more kids. For now, she is enjoying the one on one attention!

1 comment:

Kristin said...

Other kids can be good - or bad (if they are the screaming or hitting type). I am jealous that you have an (accidental) private lesson!