Treatment may have ended for Katie, but the battle is far from over.

Please say a prayer for all the children who continue to fight childhood cancer day after day.
Pray for their strength, resilience and healing.



TO MY DEDICATED BLOG READERS:

YUP, I AM BEHIND AGAIN....



Friday, February 13, 2009

Bye Bye Toddler Sizes

Tomorrow, Kaitlyn is going to have her 3 year old birthday pictures taken at Kiddie Kandids and I have been running around all week trying to find an outfit.

Tuesday night, I went to Kohl's and couldn't find the size 5T...I thought the store was out.

Thurday night, I went to Target looking for something suitable and they had some size 5T, but not in all the clothes styles, so I ventured (reluctantly) over to the little girls section and saw size 4 and thought, "hmmm...looks like Kaitlyn might fit into that", but then I ran back to the Toddler section, in complete denial that my little peanut could actually be growing out of toddler sizes.

Still unsuccessfull at finding something cute enough for her pictures, tonight I went to the Solomon Pond Mall. At the Children's Place, I asked the woman where I could find size 5T and she giggled at me and said that I would have to look for size 4 in the little girls section...I nearly started crying right then and there. No size 5T? She's really not in toddler sizes anymore? Oh this can't be!!!

My baby, turned toddler, is now turning little girl. It wasn't bad enough when she went from Swadler diapers to Cruisers, now she is in little girl clothes sizes!!!

So, tonight, I take a deep breath and watch my LITTLE GIRL play in her "birthday outfit".


1 comment:

Kristin said...

So cute! I remember being so excited when the kids were finally big enough to fit into the toddler sizes rather than newborn - they had so much more stuff and more personality. Now that we are in the little girls section, they have too much personality. I want to go back!