Round Two on the Doxorubicin
I was not looking forward to today's clinic visit. Today, Kaitlyn started round two of three on the new, more aggressive treatment. Her counts have recovered quite well and she was more than ready to begin the next round. On the one hand, I am glad (one round closer to maintenance), but on the other hand, I hate watching the effects that these drugs have on her. I am not looking forward to what this round has in store for her.
While we were at the clinic, her port was accessed and she received...
1) a blood draw
2) Vincristine (Chemo)
3) Doxorubicin (Chemo)
4) Zinecard (heart protection)
5) Zofran (to prevent nausea)
She will also be on Dexamethasone (steroids) for 5 days and 6-mercapturine (oral chemo) for 14 days.
This round lasts 3 weeks and consists of the following...
Vincristine - Day 1
Doxorubicin - Day 1
Zinecard - Day 1
6-mercapturine - Days 1-14
Dexamethasone - Days 1-5
After this round is over, there will only be one more round before she hits the maintenance phase...anyone else smell a party coming on????
Our next clinic visit is scheduled for Thursday, March 12th.
GLC Holiday Party
14 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment