This week, Mike & I have had the unique opportunity to trade places. I had to go into the office all this week for training while he stayed home and took care of Kaitlyn.
I hated it. Not just because I had to commute to Lowell and spend all day stuck to a chair and actually working, but I just felt so disconnected from Kaitlyn this week. Normally, it is my job to "manage" the household, take care of Kaitlyn and fit in some hours for my job.
Before this little switch, I thought Mike had it made going into the office everyday and being able to focus on doing his job. In fact, I was even jealous that he had that time "out of the house". But, for me, it wasn't better or easier, it just shortened the time I had to do everything else that I normally do. It was hardest being away from Kaitlyn all week long. I feel like I have barely spent any time with her this week and I feel so disconnected from her right now. She is bitter with me for being away all week and she wants nothing to do with me. I even got the "I don't like you, Mommy" tonight. It was great hearing that after working my butt off all week long...sigh...
I can honestly say that I don't envy Mike going to work and being the one who has to step out of the home everyday. I now appreciate the daily sacrifice he makes for our family.
I love you honey. Thank you for doing so much for our family.
GLC Holiday Party
14 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment