We are in full potty training mode over here. We became lax for a while, but I am just so sick of buying diapers. I know Kaitlyn has the control because she has exhibited it over and over. So, before her birthday, I kept telling her that she was going to have to learn how to use the potty because they don't make diapers for 3 year olds. Then, on the day of her birthday, I realized that I wasn't quite ready to let her go to bed without a diaper on because she is sleeping in our bed most nights...that would just NOT be good if we woke up in a puddle in the middle of the night. So, I had to figure out how to manipulate my lie...lol. I finally told her that they only make "night-night" diapers for 3 year olds and that is all we have now. I can only hope that she isn't smart enough to ask me why she can't wear her "night-night" diapers during the day...I don't know what I will say...lol
So, yesterday was the "big day". The day after her third birthday and I vowed - NO DIAPERS!!! Then, I quickly realized that she had her three year check-up scheduled for that morning and I would have to take her out of the house without a diaper on...uh oh...what do I do? Do I give in and put a diaper on her...NOPE! We braved it and I took her out with multiple changes of clothes, but NO diaper. She did GREAT - we went to the doctor AND CVS without an accident. Then within 5 minutes of being home, accident number 1. This was proceeded by 2 other accidents and a success (pee in the potty) before bed. She even tried a couple of times to poop in the potty, but no luck with that.
Today, day 2, and she is doing GREAT! No accidents yet today and she has had 3 pees a major success (a poop in the potty)!!!
Now, every time she goes on the potty, she comes running over to me and asks "Are you proud of me for peeing on the potty, mommy?" It's so cute.
Stay tuned...
GLC Holiday Party
14 years ago
2 comments:
This is very insightful. Luke just turned 2, so we are a ways away from potty training, but I just might try the "they don't make diapers for 3 year-olds" when the time comes. Good for you for not putting a diaper on her to go to the docs office. I'm not sure I would have been as brave. But you are one of the bravest people I know so your move doesn't surprise me.
night time potty training takes much longer...Honor still wears pull ups at night. Just remember to always bring lots of extra clothes! I always reminded Honor that she couldn't get her special big girl Minnie panties wet because they were special and only for big girls who tell their Mommy that she has to go potty. We've started with Mikey but he'll only go in the potty in the morning....I'm not going to have 3 in diapers by October! Anyways, you have to take the full plunge into potty training at some point, of course you'll have accidents but I think doing a little extra laundry is better than spending a ton on diapers!! Congrats Big Girl Kaitlyn!!
Post a Comment