Now, today, as Kaitlyn turns three, I still feel in awe of her, but for very different reasons. She is only three, but she is brave beyond her years. She has faced more in the past 6 months than most of us face in a lifetime. Every day I look at her and know that she is fighting for her life. No three year old should have to endure that challenge.
Today, I still feel incredibly lucky to be her mom. Leukemia has thrown a wrench in our lives, but it will not win. She is one of the strongest people I have ever known. She is going to grow up to do great things because in three short years she has already taught so much to so many.
A note to my daughter:
I love you Katie girl. I am so sorry that you have to face the challenges you face every day. If I could trade places with you, I would in a heartbeat. On this day, your third birthday, know that daddy and I are fighting this battle right along with you and that we love you more than anything in this world. You are doing an outstanding job at living your life in the face of adversity and I am so proud of you. I know that you will not remember much of this battle when you are older and honestly, I wouldn't want you to. But what I will remind you of is how courageous you are, how strong you fought and how your smile cheered up everyone around you. Your resilience is amazing. I truly am blessed by you.
Happy Birthday Girly Girl!!!
~Mommy
No comments:
Post a Comment