Treatment may have ended for Katie, but the battle is far from over.

Please say a prayer for all the children who continue to fight childhood cancer day after day.
Pray for their strength, resilience and healing.



TO MY DEDICATED BLOG READERS:

YUP, I AM BEHIND AGAIN....



Friday, February 13, 2009

Trading places - Mike's Version

Like Amy the trading places this week has let me appreciate my wife's roll in our partnership. She manages working from home for 30-40 hours a week, laundry, play time with Kaitlyn, grocery shopping, paying the bills, being Kaitlyn's nurse (which means brushing of the teeth three times a day, medicine twice a day for three days a week, and a second medicine around bed time.) and she still finds time for her blogs.

This week I have had to do some work form home (around 10 hours for the week) worked on the addition a little with the help from my mom and dad, and some light shopping (home depot twice, stop and shop, and going to get a gift) and I AM UTTERLY EXHAUSTED… No matter what I tried to do, Kaitlyn would not cooperate. Getting Kaitlyn dressed in the morning was an hour-long event for example. She was saying, "No, I want to keep these clothes on" or "No I want my purple socks…no I want the green socks…. no the purple ones… until finally she was dressed. This went on for every little event. Today it took me three hours to get her dressed and in the car to go shopping because with her little attitude, she refused to get dressed, refused to put shoes on, refused to put a hat or a coat on, and refused to get strapped in to the car seat!

WAIT!!!! Before you call the police and DSS on me… I DID put my foot down and she did go out of the house with the appropriate clothing and did get strapped in to the car seat… not happily but she did finally give in.

I love my little girl and the opportunity I have for these two weeks to spend some time with her, but I don’t know how Amy is able to get done everything she gets done.
I love my wife!!!! Thank you for doing what you do 365 days a year… 24 hours a day!

No comments: