Today, we had a HUGE potty success at AC Moore. We were in the scrapbooking isle (where else would I be?) and Katie said, "I have to go potty". So, we made our way to the bathroom. This was our first trip to a public bathroom on this potty training adventure, so I wasn't sure if she would actually go or not. I sat her down on her fold-out potty and before I knew it, she was whining to get off the toilet. Reluctantly, I took her off the potty, pulled her pants up and went back to the scrapbooking isle fully expecting an "accident" within a few minutes. But, there was none and we made our way over to the toy section about 1/2 an hour later. Again, she said, "I have to go potty". So, back we went to the bathroom where the same thing happened. This time, I decided that I didn't want to push my luck. As we were leaving the restroom, I told her that we wouldn't be able to go back to the toys because I was afraid she was going to have an accident. As soon as I told her that we were going to have to leave the store, she insisted that we go back to the potty and try again. This time, no whining, but no action either. So, I ran the water and gave her some privacy, but still no luck. Until....a fellow potty user came in and did her business without hesitation. This got the water works moving for Katie and we had our first public restroom potty success!!! When she was done, she asked me if I was "so proud of her for using the potty." lol Of course I was proud of her, this was a major success!!!
Unfortunately, I didn't get pictures...lol (I'm kidding....kinda ;-)
GLC Holiday Party
14 years ago
1 comment:
Totally know what you mean on the "didn't get pictures" ... thought that to myself many times.
I totally wish I had a picture of Daniela's major temper tantrum last week so she could see how ridiculous she looked, but I can't imagine the looks I would have gotten if I had pulled out my camera while she was screaming at the top of her lungs.
Post a Comment