Treatment may have ended for Katie, but the battle is far from over.

Please say a prayer for all the children who continue to fight childhood cancer day after day.
Pray for their strength, resilience and healing.



TO MY DEDICATED BLOG READERS:

YUP, I AM BEHIND AGAIN....



Monday, March 23, 2009

Scrapbooking Retreat

I am so glad that I was able to make it to my scrapbooking retreat this past weekend. I go away twice a year with this crazy group of ladies and I ALWAYS have a blast.

Here are some pictures...




Mt. Sunapee

This weekend always seems to come just at the right time (of course any time is the right time to go away with friends and scrapbook :-) But this is the second time that I have been in the hospital with Kaitlyn the week before and wasn't sure if I was actually going to make the weekend or not. It is so nice to go to this retreat and just relax and laugh for 2 days. It is such a needed break from daily life and all the stress that goes along with having a child with leukemia. I am so grateful that I have these friends to go away with, a wonderful supportive husband that understands the necessity and a beautiful location in NH to retreat to.
Thank you ladies for being able to make me laugh hysterically and recharge my batteries. I don't know what I would do without these weekends :-)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Amy-
I'm glad you were able to get away for the weekend, I know how wonderful the weekend at Soo-Nipi really is. You deserve a little rest, relaxation & fun with friends! I'll see you at the fall retreat!
Mary Novick