Treatment may have ended for Katie, but the battle is far from over.

Please say a prayer for all the children who continue to fight childhood cancer day after day.
Pray for their strength, resilience and healing.



TO MY DEDICATED BLOG READERS:

YUP, I AM BEHIND AGAIN....



Sunday, October 26, 2008

I am feeling bitter!

The Umass surgery department called us on Friday night to let us know that Kaitlyn's central line placement surgery is scheduled for next Friday, October 31st. So, as if this disease hasn't taken away enough, it has now claimed Hallloween too. I am really quite bitter about it. I know on the big scale of things, this is minor. But, this is the first year that Kaitlyn picked out her own costume and understands what "Trick or Treating" is. We bought her costume last Monday and she has asked me if we were going trick or treating every day since then. She even asked me if she was going with her two best friends Alison & Honor. And of course I told her that she was. It breaks my heart now because she isn't going to be able to go. I don't know how to tell her that we're not going to be able to go. I am trying to figure out an alternative to Halloween night where trick or treating might be involved. Let me know if you have any ideas????

1 comment:

Kristin said...

I don't blame you! You can come trick or treating at our house on Thursday night if you want! We'll be home. Let me know!