Treatment may have ended for Katie, but the battle is far from over.

Please say a prayer for all the children who continue to fight childhood cancer day after day.
Pray for their strength, resilience and healing.



TO MY DEDICATED BLOG READERS:

YUP, I AM BEHIND AGAIN....



Thursday, October 2, 2008

Tonight I cried...

Tonight I cried. ..

I cried because for the first time in about a month, my little girl came up on the couch, cuddled in with me and said, "I love you so much Mommy".

Since she was diagnosed with leukemia a month ago, she has been poked and prodded...put on steriods...had multiple procedures...multiple chemo treatments...and poked and prodded some more. The last thing she has wanted is any type of affection from me. Maybe because I am the one forcing her to take her medicine or brush her teeth or flushing her "tubies". Maybe she is mad at me or resentful. Whatever the reason, she has not wanted my hugs, kisses and certainly NO CUDDLES. It has been breaking my heart that I can't comfort her with my affection because she hasn't wanted it from me. But tonight I got a cuddle and I cried :-)