Who knew there was so much planning involved in taking a trip to Walt Disney World. I have been 3 times before, all in my twenties, and I never planned this much. But, this time is different. This time we are going as a family. This time, we are celebrating the end of treatment for Katie. This time we are going for two weeks and I want to make it the BEST trip EVER for Katie.
I don't want to go on this amazing trip and come home with regrets about what we "could have done if only we had planned it ahead of time". So, I have spent numerous hours pouring over "Disney planning" books and websites. I have created a spreadsheet outlining how the 2 weeks will go and which parks we will be in on certain days. I have monitored the Disney website for their October park hours to be released to make sure the parks we plan to be in on certain days correlate with their "Extra Magic Hours". I have had to get up early 3 days over the past week in order to book our desired Disney dining experiences. I can't say that this was dreaded work because I had a lot of fun reading all about Disney and how to best tackle the parks. But, WOW...a lot of planning involved in this trip. I can only hope that hubby will stop looking at me like I a nuts and appreciate all my efforts once we get there.
Now that the whole thing is planned in advance, there is nothing to do except figure out what to pack!!!!
GLC Holiday Party
14 years ago
1 comment:
Hope I don't mess up your plans, but being near Disney my suggestion is to make sure you hit Magic Kingdom on Sunday and not Monday. Sunday is the least busy because most people are arrive or leaving by plane that day. Monday is the busiest because everyone has gotten there on Sunday for a weeklong vacation and they all want to go to Magic Kingdom first. :-) I love staying on the property since you can get in 1 hour early. So we always get there, snag a fast pass at one place (like Space Mountain) and hop in line for Buzz Lightyear (usually not a wait at that time, you can typically walk right on, then when you are done there your fast pass time is probably ready and you can jump on there!)
So excited for you guys it is so much fun!! :-)
Post a Comment