Treatment may have ended for Katie, but the battle is far from over.

Please say a prayer for all the children who continue to fight childhood cancer day after day.
Pray for their strength, resilience and healing.



TO MY DEDICATED BLOG READERS:

YUP, I AM BEHIND AGAIN....



Tuesday, April 20, 2010

It's Relay Time Again!!!


Dear Family and Friends,

The Reasons Why I Relay…

… For my 4-year-old daughter, Kaitlyn, who is counting down the days to the end of her treatment.

… For all of the kids we have met through the Why Me Foundation who are all battling different forms of childhood cancer.

… For my grandparents who both lost their battle to lung cancer.

… For the friends who have lost their fight… and the friends who are survivors….

… For you and your loved ones…. For me and my loved ones…

I am once again taking part in the American Cancer Society Relay For Life of Shrewsbury, the largest cancer-fighting movement in the world, and I’m hoping you will support me.

This year, hundreds of thousands of people will hear the words "You have cancer," and there's a good chance that some of them will be people we know and love. We have all been touched by cancer in some way ... and we all have the power to make a difference. That's why I have chosen to fight back right here in my own community by participating in the American Cancer Society Relay For Life® of Shrewsbury scheduled for Friday, May 14th 6 p.m. – Saturday, May 15th noon at Oak Middle School.

I want to invite you to join me in the fight against cancer! Please visit my personal page to:
· Join our team
· Make a donation
· Create your own team

If you would like to purchase a $10 luminaria in honor of a loved one to light the track during our Relay, please contact me directly.

Also, save the date to come and join us at the Relay. Kaitlyn will be taking the “survivor lap” which kicks off the event on Friday at 6 p.m. We would love it if you would come and watch as she takes her well-deserved lap at this year’s Relay for Life!!!

With gratitude,
Amy, Mike & Katie

No comments: