Treatment may have ended for Katie, but the battle is far from over.

Please say a prayer for all the children who continue to fight childhood cancer day after day.
Pray for their strength, resilience and healing.



TO MY DEDICATED BLOG READERS:

YUP, I AM BEHIND AGAIN....



Monday, April 12, 2010

YMCA Swim Class Progress

Today was Katie's last "Pike" swim lesson for Spring Session I at the YMCA. I have signed her up for "Pike" again in Spring Session II. She has made great progress in these lessons.

She is getting more comfortable in the water and has even swum a little bit without any flotation device. Although she said it was hard, she said she could do it. She started the lessons with 3 "bubbles" and is now down to 2. She is still afraid to jump into the water from the side of the pool, but she has gotten a little bit braver and does try to do what the instructor asks. She will float on her back without assistance and has started to toy with the idea of sticking her face in the water. I am hopeful that with another session of "Pike", she will get a little more confident in herself in the water.

2 bubbles....

Swimming the length of the pool...

Floating on her back without assistance...

Getting her face in the water and blowing bubbles...

Her report card...

I think she did great and I am proud of all that she accompished in this session!!!

No comments: