Treatment may have ended for Katie, but the battle is far from over.

Please say a prayer for all the children who continue to fight childhood cancer day after day.
Pray for their strength, resilience and healing.



TO MY DEDICATED BLOG READERS:

YUP, I AM BEHIND AGAIN....



Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Babi has a lumpectomy

Today, my dog, Babi, had to go for surgery. She had a ruptured cyst on her left shoulder. We went through 2 rounds of antibiotics to try and eliminate the infection that was growing around the cyst, but nothing was helping. The infected site was just oozing blood and puss, so we finally decided that the best thing to do was to operate and remove the cyst completely along with any unhealthy tissue. The surgery was quite costly, but it would be inhumane to do nothing. love her too much to watch her suffer.

Nine years ago, I lost a dog on the operating table, so I was petrified of losing another one the same way, but she pulled through like a champ. Thank God!

Here she is after surgery, my poor girl looks so beat up.

She has a 5 inch incision - I feel so bad for her :-(

She is not really like herself right now, but I am hopeful that once this heals, she will feel A LOT better than she did with the ruptured cyst.

Lots of TLC for her this week!

No comments: