Treatment may have ended for Katie, but the battle is far from over.

Please say a prayer for all the children who continue to fight childhood cancer day after day.
Pray for their strength, resilience and healing.



TO MY DEDICATED BLOG READERS:

YUP, I AM BEHIND AGAIN....



Saturday, December 25, 2010

Merry Christmas!!!

Today was a great day.

Mike & I got up at 6:00 am in order to "man the cameras" for the magical moment when Katie saw all of the presents that Santa left. So, we got up, grabbed coffees and sat in the sunroom waiting. We thought we heard her a couple of times, jumped up, grabbed our cameras and then realized it was a false alarm. When she finally did get up, she ran from her room to the sunroom so fast that we both missed "the moment"!!! lol

Santa was very good to Katie this year - he even left her a nice thank you note with a picture of himself in OUR HOUSE for Katie!!!
Julia also left Katie a nice note. We will miss having her around, but we look froward to seeing her next Christmas!!!

Later in the morning, Katie said, "I don't care if I have my elf or not, I am having fun with my family." Then there were hugs for both mommy & daddy. Yeah, I was bawling my eyes out after she said that...I love this kid!!!

The Candy cane!!! OK, for whatever reason, one of the things that Katie asked Santa for this year was a "Candy cane". I think it had something to do with Moose & Zee on Nick. Jr. Anyway, it was on her list nonetheless. So, Santa brought her the BIGGEST candy cane he could find. Her excitement was over the top when she opened this HUGE candy cane. It was the reaction you hope to see from your kids when they get that ONE gift that they had been hoping for...LOL!!! So, naturally, she HAD to have it opened right away. Which I was happy to do...what the heck it's Christmas, right?
With her candy cane open, she stuck it in her mouth and immediately pulled it back out to declare, "THIS IS YUCK!!! IT STINGS MY TONGUE" LOL. This is just so hilarious to me. I mean what kid asks Santa for a candy cane in the first place???

Santa also brought Katie a JoJo doll which was also a big one on her list - also thanks to Nick Jr. It is supposed to play hide and seek with you. You hide and JoJo seeks. I think it is stupid and I am sure she will play with this toy once and then it will sit in "the pile" of unused toys.

He also brought her a scooter which she didn't ask for, but Santa had a hunch she would like one and she does!!! She has declared this to be her favorite present from Santa!!!

Most of her presents opened, she dove into her stocking!!! I love this picture of her in front of the tree, eyes wide, looking so happy and excited!!!

We really did have a great morning together.

I got Mike "Band Hero" for the Wii for Christmas and it was a big hit for everyone!!!


My mom and dad joined us around 1:00pm and even they got in on the action!!!

Auntie Kay wasn't able to join us until much later because she had to work. But, we were happy that she & Dale made it eventually :-)

We had a GREAT Christmas. There were a lot of laughs and some tears (both happy & sad). It was really nice to have everyone here for Christmas and to see Katie having fun with Pop, Grammie & Kay. It makes me really happy that we were all together this Christmas. I love you guys!!!

No comments: