Treatment may have ended for Katie, but the battle is far from over.

Please say a prayer for all the children who continue to fight childhood cancer day after day.
Pray for their strength, resilience and healing.



TO MY DEDICATED BLOG READERS:

YUP, I AM BEHIND AGAIN....



Monday, December 20, 2010

GLC visits the Shrewsbury Nursing Home

This morning, Katie went with her school to the Shrewsbury Nursing Home to sing holiday songs for the elderly.


OK, I can't actually write anything about this event because I wasn't there. But, I can write about the mommy guilt that I experienced because I couldn't be there.

Mommy guilt stems from that feeling that we get in the pit of our stomachs when we can't do everything that we need or want to do AND be with our children at the same time.

Well, I have this BIG TIME today since I have to work this morning and I cannot be at Katie's little holiday show. I miss enough time with her when she is at school, so I HATE missing these times when I can see her interacting with her teachers and fellow classmates. I love to see these little "shows" that the teachers put together and it is killing me not to be there.

All I can say is that I feel like the worst mom in the world right now for missing her "show". UGH!!!

Luckily, Mike was able to go and at least get some video for me so that I could see her pride as she sang her songs. And he took the ONE picture above...lol.

No comments: