They started the day with "circle time", similar to any other day I would imagine. Then from there, they got to choose which station to go to. Katie chose to start at the snack table...lol...that's my girl!!
Then she moved on to the crafts, decorating a Christmas Tree and putting together a special mixture just for reindeer that she could spread in the lawn on Christmas Eve.
They even had small gingerbread houses for the kids to decorate!!!
Then, they brought all the kids into the small gym for the singing portion of the party...the moment I was waiting for!!! lol
These kids are just so darn cute signing their songs :-) I am happy that I was able to make it to the Holiday Party just for this!!!
Then, just as they were wrapping up their last song, who shows up, but SANTA!!!! The kids were taken totally by surprise and then they sang a few songs for him. The enthusiasm was at a completely different level when they were singing for Santa!!!
After a few songs with Santa, the kids made their way back to their classrooms and Santa surprised them AGAIN with presents!!!
Each kid got a coloring book and crayons. It was so cute watching Katie sit on the rug and wait patiently until she was told that she could open her present. She even picked up the coloring book a few times to shake it, listening intently for any clues as to what it might be...lol.
After all the kids got their gift, they all opened them and were thrilled with their coloring books and crayons. Then Santa made his way back to his sleigh and I made my way home.
When I picked Katie up from school that day, she asked me if that Santa was fake. I asked her what she thought and she said that she thought he was. And I just replied, "Yeah, maybe. I think the real Santa is pretty busy up there at the North Pole doing all the last minute things for Christmas". To which she agreed...lol.
No comments:
Post a Comment