Treatment may have ended for Katie, but the battle is far from over.

Please say a prayer for all the children who continue to fight childhood cancer day after day.
Pray for their strength, resilience and healing.



TO MY DEDICATED BLOG READERS:

YUP, I AM BEHIND AGAIN....



Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Make a Wish keeps on giving!!!

OK, this was a very nice, very unexpected surprise. Make a Wish called the other day and invited us to tea with Cinderella. She is in town for the Disney Princess on Ice show and they invited some Make a Wish recipients to have tea with the guest of honor. As far as we were concerned, this was not an invitation we could say no to! We didn't tell Katie where we were going, so she was totally surprised when we got to the grand gathering.

This event was held at the Taj Hotel in Boston and I think it was the event of the century. It was WAY MORE than Mike & I were expecting and we were quite under dressed for the event, but they did provide a Cinderella dress for every girl at the party.

This was an exceptional event. I was just blown away by the presentation of everything. We all felt like royalty!!

I think my little princess was thrilled by the surprise, I know we were!!!

OK... they even had a harpist & a trumpeter!!!!!

Cinderella was to arrive by horse-drawn carriage, so the girls waited by the windows as she arrived. SO CUTE!!!

This image was captured from outside by the Boston Herald photographer, Nancy Lane. For the Boston Herald article, click here!!!

Cinderella as she arrived in her carriage...

As she arrived, I heard comments from the girls such as, "That's not a pumpkin! Where is her pumpkin carriage?!" and "I hope she doesn't lose her shoe!" lol

Katie was happy to see her friend Cinderella again :-)

The girls also received tiaras, programs to the upcoming Princesses on Ice show and 4 tickets to the show!!!

Thank you Make a Wish...your generosity overwhelms us!!!!

No comments: