Treatment may have ended for Katie, but the battle is far from over.

Please say a prayer for all the children who continue to fight childhood cancer day after day.
Pray for their strength, resilience and healing.



TO MY DEDICATED BLOG READERS:

YUP, I AM BEHIND AGAIN....



Friday, September 24, 2010

Apple Picking with the MOMS Club!

This afternoon, Katie & I went apple picking with the MOMS club. I was so happy that this fit into our already busy schedule because we didn't get to go last year and I wanted to make sure to take Katie this year.
The adventure started with a hayride through the orchard. The kids got a kick out of this and Katie got a kick out of the kids....lol.

Before we could go into the orchard, the kids got a lesson on how to pick apples...don't forget to twist!!!

Katie had a blast running around picking her apples and they were YUMMY!!! There is nothing like a fresh apple!!!

After filling our bag with apples, we made our way over to the playground and petting zoo. We spent another hour playing with the kiddos and then it was time to get home.

I am looking forward to spending more time with our MOMS Club friends this winter since Katie will be off treatment and we won't need to be shut-ins!!!

No comments: