Treatment may have ended for Katie, but the battle is far from over.

Please say a prayer for all the children who continue to fight childhood cancer day after day.
Pray for their strength, resilience and healing.



TO MY DEDICATED BLOG READERS:

YUP, I AM BEHIND AGAIN....



Thursday, September 30, 2010

Gymnastics at GLC!

When we returned to the school from Katie's field trip, the kids went right in to their gymnastics class (already in progress because some of the other kids stayed at the school while some were on their field trip).

It kills me that I can't get into the gym to take pictures, but I digress..

As I stood in the viewing area, alone, I watched my little girl learn a cartwheel, hold herself up on the rings, flip over the bar by herself and swing on a trapeze!!! I was totally amazed. I was so elated that I started jumping up and down, clapping and cheering for her. Again, I was alone in the viewing area...I looked around thinking that anyone nearby might think I am a lunatic. But, really, I am just a really proud mom. I have talked before about when ordinary things don't seem so ordinary after everything that we have been through and this was one of those moments. I was hit with the fact that she is doing "normal" things with other kids and she is starting to gain back some of the strength that she has lost during her chemo treatments. So, go ahead stranger nearby, you go ahead and think I am a lunatic..I DON'T CARE! lol

Here's Katie holding herself up on the rings!

And a flip over on the bars by herself!
Back in the big gym, they did a little work on the balance beam. Katie tried SO HARD to follow every instruction that the teacher gave to them. And she was adamant that she wanted to do it all by herself!!! That's my girl!!
Today was a great day at school! I am sure every parent feels pride for their kid, but I seem to overflow with it...lol. I am just completely in awe of Katie and how she seems to be able to DO anything! I am so happy to see her thriving at school and I enjoy the brief glimpses that I get every once in a while :-)

No comments: