Treatment may have ended for Katie, but the battle is far from over.

Please say a prayer for all the children who continue to fight childhood cancer day after day.
Pray for their strength, resilience and healing.



TO MY DEDICATED BLOG READERS:

YUP, I AM BEHIND AGAIN....



Friday, September 17, 2010

Family BBQ at Sherry's House

We had a great time tonight at the Sherry's House BBQ! In fact, we had such a good time, it got me thinking about how valuable this organization is to all the families dealing with childhood cancer. From the first time I entered that house, I felt "at home". We are truly indebted to them for all that they have done for us. This BBQ was our "kick-off" for this year's Parent-2-Parent Support Group. We meet once a month to socialize & learn about topics related to our unique situation. It gives us a chance to connect with other families who understand exactly what we are dealing with. We have met SO MANY wonderful people through this organization.

They had some great activities for the kids, including face painting, art & crafts and pony rides.

Katie was happy to see that her favorite pony, Rosie, was back again. She said, "You know why they call her Rosie?" Me: "Why?" Katie: "Because she smells like Roses"...LOL...I don't think that is what Roses smell like, Katie, but if you say so...lol.


Sherry's House really knows how to throw a party!

No comments: