Treatment may have ended for Katie, but the battle is far from over.

Please say a prayer for all the children who continue to fight childhood cancer day after day.
Pray for their strength, resilience and healing.



TO MY DEDICATED BLOG READERS:

YUP, I AM BEHIND AGAIN....



Thursday, September 16, 2010

First gymnastics lesson at GLC!!!

After Grandparent's snack, Katie went down for her first gymnastics lesson. I was happy to be there for this, but unhappy that they don't let parents into the gym to take pictures...GRrrr... I did my best at trying to scope out some spots for pictures, but I only got a few decent ones of her first class :-( This is NOT going to work for me...lol...

First, the class started out with some stretching...

Then they went over to the smaller gym where they worked on an obstacle course.

Katie did a great job!!!

Back over to the bigger gym, there was another obstacle course waiting for them, this one a bit more challenging.
It was great to see Katie at her first gymnastics lesson. I am anxious to see how she does at the "end of the year" show to see how far she has come!!!

It is SO WEIRD for me to not be there with her at school every day. She now has this time away from me, her own little life and it just breaks my heart!!! I know she is fine and I know she is having a blast at school. But, it is just so weird for me to think that she is having this separate experience that I am only getting glimpses of every once in a while.

I think I am going to ask the teachers if they need a volunteer or maybe a class photographer...lol.

No comments: